Teaching your kids how to sew can be incredibly rewarding, they get to learn a new skill that stays with them throughout their lives.
How Young is Too Young?
Kids can learn to sew as young as 7 or 8 as long as they are properly supervised by an attentive adult. Younger kids are easily distracted and tend to quickly lose interest when you try to teach them a new skill. If you are looking to purchase some of the best sewing machines in Taunton for your kid, wait until they are about 7 years of age before you start.
When teaching kids how to sew, follow these 3 simple rules.
- Never leave them unattended, not even for a moment.
- Purchase a machine which is suitable for your child.
- Don’t be too overbearing with the child, make sure they enjoy each lesson.
Choosing the Right Machine
Selecting the most suitable sewing machine to help you teach young kids is vitally important. If you pick something which is difficult to use, the child will lose interest and get bored. Here are some questions to ask yourself when buying a child-friendly sewing machine.
- Will you purchase a computerised or mechanical sewing machine?
- Is it user friendly?
- Does it have a suitable range of stitches?
- Is it known as a reliable model?
- Is it affordable?
- Does it have the relevant safety features?
Once you’ve found the most appropriate sewing machine for your child, make sure you make each lesson fun, creative and highly enjoyable.