Do you have a birthday or anniversary coming up with your partner or another loved one? If so, there are a lot of gift ideas out there. But thereare few that can surprise someone like a lovely new pair of stylish reading glasses. There are even some out there that mimic today’s latest and most popular designer glasses, for the fraction of the price.
We want to help you really wow the person you’re giving this gift to, so here are some great tips and reasons to surprise your loved one with a pair of stylish or clear reading glasses this year!
Stylish Reading Glasses Are Affordable
Sure, it’s no surprise that everyone loves a piece of jewelry or a new watch; the problem is the price point. Purchasing something so expensive can certainly mean a lot and last a lifetime, but for many these days, it isn’t an economical option. However, stylish reading glasses provide an affordable alternative that still helps whoever you’re buying them foraccessorize with their other belongings. These glasses come in all different shapes and sizes, making it easy to find a pair that perfectly matches your friend or loved one’s style.
They Can’t Be Used Year-Round
Many purchase gifts, like clothing or other things, that are great to use in the summertime (or the winter) but wind up gathering dust during the other seasons. But a pair of stylish reading glasses will be something whoever receives the gift can use year-round. This means it’s a stylish present that’s also functional and serves a good purpose, which your friend or partner will appreciate even more as they’re reminded of your gift periodically throughout the day.
Demonstrate Your Concern for their Well-Being
Not only is a pair of stylish reading glasses a nice, functional accessory, they’ll also demonstrate to your partner that you care about their health and well-being. Perhaps you have a friend who’s always complaining of headaches or not being able to find the right reading glasses at the local pharmacy, or a partner that hasn’t gotten new readers in a decade or more; giving them some stylish reading glasses will demonstrate how much you care about them.
It’s a Personal Gift
Purchasing a pair of glasses or sunglass readers isn’t simply a nice gesture, it also a personal gift that demonstrates you know their style, and the type of glasses they’d likely choose for themselves. A pair of stylish reading glasses can demonstrate you pay attention to the more subtle aspects of your partner, like what type of clothes they wear and what type of frames they like for their glasses.
A Few Tips for Selecting the Perfect Stylish Reading Glasses Online
It’s no secret that these days, nearly everything can be done online, and this includes shopping for the perfect stylish readers as a gift. However, we have few tips to make sure that they fit your partner perfectly.
- Keep it Simple: If you’re not entirely sure of the best glasses that will suit your purpose, it always pays to keep it simple. There are quite a few classic reading glasses frames out there, like aviator styles and wayfarers, that look great on almost everyone.
- Keep Eye Color in Mind: Another important aspect of choosing the perfect stylish reading glasses for a gift is to keep the eye color of the recipient in mind. Do they have green, brown, or blue eyes? Frame colors that complement the eyes can look great and add a perfect balance.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Ask for Help: If you’re not sure about the favorite color or style of the person you plan to gift the reading glasses, it’s ok to ask for help from a friend or family member. That way, you’ll have a much better idea of what to look for when shopping for reading glasses online.
- Use a Virtual Mirror: Nearly every reading glasses company online will also have a virtual mirror you can use to see whether particular frames are the right fit for your partner or loved one’s facial structure. You’ll simply need a clear photo of the person you’re purchasing the glasses for to load up onto their website, then you can see all of the different styles that will suit them. To ensure the glasses fit properly, there are also often “frame fit” options designed to ensure they’ll be properly sized.
- Don’t Forget the Add-Ons: Now, this is where the person who you’re buying the reading glasses for comes into play. If they spend a lot of time outside or are very active, investing in UV coatings and scratch-resistance lenses can be quite helpful. Additionally, anti-reflective lenses will make it easier to both read and drive at night. Those that spend most of their day reading on the computer or another electronic device might benefit from blue-light readers that help reduce the strain on their eyes.
A Few Words Before You Go…
Choosing a pair of reading glasses that are stylish and functional can be a great gift for anyone, especially these days. Many glasses sellers offer not only 90-day risk-free trials for their products, but also manufacturer guarantees, and even discounts to seniors or students making them a sound investment.
Additionally, for those who need to bring a pair of reading glasses to the beach with them and don’t want the average drugstore reader look, there are plenty of companies out there selling stylish sun readers that protect the eyes from UV rays and make reading easier while stilling looking like you’re using the average pair of sunglasses. Often, all of these types of readers will come with magnification from +0.0-+2.5 so be sure you know the magnification of the person you’re purchasing your stylish reading glasses for.